Classic mode, main menu, day mode background.

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 7x0 series GPSr
Mikkyp20

Classic mode, main menu, day mode background.

Unread post by Mikkyp20 »

I have recently replaced my Oregon 650 with the 750t now running firmware version 4.40.

On the 650 main menu, there is an option to choose the background to identify which profile (activity) is being used.

On the 750, in setting up the activity mode there are a selection of icons and colors to choose from, in classic mode the main menu background is just white.

There is an option to choose a color for each activity in the appearance setting for day and night mode, unfortunately the color choice does not extend to the main menu screen on the classic mode.

Has anyone found a setting to change the background on the 750 main menu in classic mode.
mity!

Re: Classic mode, main menu, day mode background.

Unread post by mity! »

There isn't. :cry:

(I was sad about that, too. Because on my O650 it was a simple and obvious way to identify which profile I was using recently.)

The colour for each activity is no suitable way for that because it is hardly to identify in the main menu (just a narrow line at the bottom). My way is to choose an individual dashboard for each activity in the main menu.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Classic mode, main menu, day mode background.

Unread post by GPSrChive »

While this is not the solution you seek, you can always pull up the status menu from the lower part of the screen and select the 'Home' icon to see the home menu, which will remind you which Activity is currently selected.

I personally am not a fan of Activity Mode, although I do not dislike it. I am just used to the Classic Mode way of doing things!

Return to “Oregon 7x0”