Saving Track Freezes GPSr.

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 6x0 series GPSr
Mikkyp20

Saving Track Freezes GPSr.

Unread post by Mikkyp20 »

I am running an Oregon 650, with firmware version 5.10. Recently when saving a track the screen shows that the track has been saved (exporting track 100% complete), and then freezes requiring the batteries to be removed to reset the GPSr. Previously the screen would clear after saving the track and showing exporting track 100% complete, sometimes there would be a delay of up to 1 minute in clearing the screen and the trip data, and current track data would be reset.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Saving Track Freezes GPSr.

Unread post by GPSrChive »

I was just trying to duplicate your issue with my Oregon 6x0 v530 and stumbled upon a huge bug. DO NOT upgrade to 5.30 yet!
Mikkyp20

I updated the firmware to version 5.30 after posting. I used the GPSr today and had no issues with the updated firmware. The saving track still freezes requiring a reset. Should I now go back to firmware version 5.10??
GPSrChive
Site Admin

I have two Oregon 6x0 units, and each of them are having current track issues with firmware v5.30.

One of them records track points but never increases the track length (always at zero). The Current.gpx file has track points as expected.

The other never records any track points, but track length increases as expected. The Current.gpx file has zero track points.

So, neither of my Oregon 6x0 GPSr record track logs correctly with v5.30 firmware.
Mikkyp20

I have uploaded the track (recorded today) to Mapsource and everything appears to be normal. When the GPSr freezes the trip data and current track needs to be cleared manually, whereas when the track export worked, all the trip and track data was automatically cleared after the track was saved. Has the track saving process stopped before completion??
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Strange, we have three identical hardware units with same firmware loaded and we experience a different issue on each unit. I am currently at a loss.

I have not tested saving tracks yet as neither of mine correctly log them.

I was going to revert one of them back to 5.10 and see what happens.....

Return to “Oregon 6x0”